Good morning BCS Families,
We are just about to complete our first full week of school, on campus, and so far we have had to make only a few adjustments. This has been an incredibly challenging school year, but we are making progress towards providing as safe an environment as possible. That is where all our focus has been this week and that is where we constantly make our adjustments. I spoke with a representative at the Riverside County Public Health Department this week and he had some good information for our families that I would like share with you.
- Make preparations now in the event that your child needs to quarantine or stay home due to an illness. One of the biggest questions may be, who will watch my child if he or she is out of school for an extended period of time? Keep in mind that we continue to have our distance learning program available if your child is unable to attend school.
- Make sure to keep your child home if they are exhibiting the following symptoms (* indicates a symptom that is high risk or highly suggestive of COVID-19):
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing*
- New loss of taste and smell*
- Red or itchy eyes
- Seems sick or like they are starting to get sick
- Reinforce proper hygiene practices with your child such as coughing or sneezing in their elbow, washing their hands multiple times a day, and not touching their face, especially their mouth, with their hands. We will continue to educate our students about these practices with you.
I would sincerely like to thank all our parents for their continued prayers of protection over our school. These prayers are greatly appreciated and I know it makes a BIG difference.
Have a blessed weekend.