Student Learner Outcomes
Bethel Christian Schools has developed our ‘Student Learner Outcomes (SLO’s)’ to foster excellence in education, demonstrated in our Five C’s for Success. Students will be prepared to be:
1. Christ-Centered (Proverbs 2:6-7; Psalm 32:8; Galatians 5:22-23)
Students will discover and choose to live a life glorifying to God by demonstrating the character of Christ in their own lives by:
- Building a knowledge of God’s Word (the Bible) and applying those principles to their everyday walk.
- Developing and exhibiting Christian character by modeling the Fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23.
2. Critical and Creative Thinkers (Isaiah 30:21; II Corinthians 10:5; II Timothy 3:16-17)
Students will apply critical, logical, effective, and creative decision-making processes by:
- Creating, implementing, and assessing appropriate strategies to solve problems.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating information successfully.
- Completing projects using a variety of resources.
- Using technology effectively.
- Working independently and cooperatively.
3. Competent Communicators (Proverbs 16:23; Proverbs 15:23; Ephesians 4:29; Colossians 4:6)
Students will become effective, competent communicators who will:
- Use oral, written, technological, and creative forms of expression to convey significant information and ideas.
- Listen and read attentively to understand and interpret.
- Express needs in a responsible and respectful manner.
- Speak confidently to a variety of audiences.
4. Community Contributors (Galatians 5:14; Acts 20:35; Galatians 6:10)
Students will demonstrate a commitment to their society (church, school, neighborhood, and community) by:
- Contributing time and talent to help others.
- Promoting cooperation, mutual respect, and appreciation of others
- Conducting themselves with Christian integrity.
5. Continual Life-long Learners (Proverbs 8:33, 16:3, 19:20; Philippians 3:14) \
Students will show they recognize the value of continual learning as the foundation of their future success in meeting the challenges of tomorrow by:
- Continuing their dedication to Christ and developing His character within them
- Discovering, exploring, and expanding their God-given talents.
- Accepting responsibility for their own continued growth.
- Setting priorities and developing goals.
- Demonstrating the ability to complete assignments independently.
- Identifying the need for assistance and requesting it.
- Valuing assessments, constructive criticisms, and encouragement from others.
- Using whatever tools available (such as internet technology, books, the media, seminars, college courses, community information centers, etc.) to research, investigate, and understand current trends, discoveries, and developments in the areas of technology, business/economics, politics, world events, health and global environment, and applying that knowledge effectively.
All students of Bethel Christian Schools must maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average. Parents/guardians may be notified by the teacher(s) if a student’s grade falls below 2.0 in any given week or at mid-quarter.
Students falling below a 2.0 overall grade point average may be placed on Academic Probation and given a set amount of time in which to bring up the grade point average to 2.0. Conference may be requested with Principal to discuss remedial solutions.
Bethel Christian Schools is dedicated to the training of students in an integrated program of study, activity, and everyday living that is applied Christianity. The primary rule of discipline is that the student is to be obedient, respectful, and cooperative toward all members of the faculty, staff, and administration, and to follow the ‘Golden Rule’ of Matthew 7:12 with regard to other students: ‘Treat others the way you want to be treated.’