Dear BCS Families,
It was our hope and prayer that we would be welcoming back our students on April 6th, however. The Riverside Public Health Department Director, Dr. Kaiser, has ordered all school to remain closed through April 30th. During this time, Bethel Christian Schools will continue to provide an online/distance learning program. You can view the notice by clicking here. Our program objectives are to,
- Provide some structure, normalcy, and stability in our curriculum.
- Provide feedback and assessments so students so they are prepared for the next grade level.
- Provide remedial assistance to our students who need additional help.
Our teachers have been doing a terrific job putting together lesson plans to fulfill these objectives. I will provide additional details tomorrow.
The school office will be closed until further notice. If you would like to arrange an office visit, or if you have any questions or concerns, please contact Alicia Lemus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Events and Activities
All athletic games and practices have been cancelled. All school events and activities have been postponed or cancelled during the duration of our closure.
- April 9th: Postponed – Open House and Science Fair
- April 15th: Cancelled – Institute of Culinary Ed – Field Trip
- April 22nd – 24th: Cancelled – 6th Grade Science Camp
- April 25th: Postponed – High School Prom
- April 28th: Postponed – Spring Music Recital
We are working on the feasibility of offering a childcare service for our community and BCS families. A survey will be sent out soon to help us determine if we can offer this type of service during this extended closure.
I would like to thank all of our families for their support and prayers as we sail through these uncharted waters. Your continued financial support, through timely tuition payments, will allow us to continue to offer an excellent education to all of our students. Philippians 4:19 (NIV) says, and my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. I believe HE will meet every need of our BCS Family whether it be a physical need, an emotional need, an educational need, and/or a financial need.
As additional information becomes available regarding our school closure, I will let you know.