Dear BCS Families,
As we navigate through these unfamiliar times the one passage of scripture that remains on my heart is Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT). It says, Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. As we trust in the Lord, we know that He will direct us in HIS perfect will. I am so grateful that we have a Father in Heaven that loves us, guides us, and protects us in all we do. Thank you to all our families who have sent emails, messages, prayers, and words of encouragement to our staff. It’s these words that give us the strength, courage, and joy to we walk through this crisis.
Online/Distance Learning (March 23 -April 30)
- Elementary (K-5) – By now each one of our families should have picked up their child’s school material. Each teacher will be using various methods of teaching which includes handouts, worksheets, workbooks, videos, Google Hangouts, to name a few. Instructions should have been provided to you when you picked up your child’s materials. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please reach out to your child’s teacher by email.
Since our school closure has been extended, we will be opening the campus, date to be determined, for parents to pickup additional materials from their teacher and dropping off what has been completed. I will be providing additional details next week.
- Middle/High School (6-12) – Each of your child’s teachers have or will be posting assignments through Google Classroom by Friday. Some of the assignments will require students to participate in classroom discussions using Google Hangouts and chat rooms. Each teacher will be using various teaching strategies to educate your child. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please reach out to your child’s teacher by email.
- Administrative Staff – As always, our staff is here to provide assistance to each of our families in any way possible.
- Pangkee – If you have any questions about our Online/Distance Learning Program, please reach out to her at email@example.com.
- Spencer – He has made himself available for those of you who may need help with behavior, behavior advice, emotional, spiritual intervention, etc. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gonzalez – She has made herself available for those of you who may need help with behavior, behavior advice, emotional, spiritual intervention, etc. In addition, she will continue to teach her academic support classes and provide access to remedial support, including homework help/tutoring, for our students. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Weekly teacher meetings will be held so that we can be responsive to any change that may be needed in our program.
I am so proud of our teaching staff and their will and desire to continue to provide an excellent education to our BCS families. Unlike many of our public schools who have dismissed students with little or no support, our staff has decided to learn, develop, and implement new ways of teaching. I know this is attributed to the Godly heart that each one of them possess. Due to this, we will not be discounting academic tuition so we can continue to pay our teachers and staff vital to the normal operations of Bethel.
We have made the decision to keep our school office open with modified hours. We will be open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Extended Childcare Survey
We are looking into the possibility of opening an Emergency Childcare Service. If you have not already, please click here to complete the survey if you are in need if childcare.
Thank you again for all your support. I am looking forward to the day when we can resume normal operations at the school.