Dear BCS Families,
Next Saturday, October 12th, 2019 from 8:00 am to 11:00 am is our Annual King’s Pride Walk-a-Thon and Pancake Breakfast. We are also excited to announce that there is a new entry into the event. We will be having a Pinewood Derby Race which is open to Bethel students and non-Bethel students. This is going to be an exciting event that you do not want to miss. Donations are already coming in and we are already planning to start several projects. Below you will find details about the event.
Walk-a-thon Details (Day of Event):
- Go to the Check-in and Information Booth setup in front of the school office. The booth will check-in participants for the event and answer questions. If you have donations (funds raised for the event), staff will be able to collect at the booth.
- Participants must complete two hours of walking (Preschool thru 2nd grade one hour).
- Walk-a-Thon course will be open from 8:00 am to 10:30 am.
- Water bottles will be handed out at the starting line to keep everyone hydrated.
- There will be Water Fun Zones along the way for students to cool off.
- There will be adult supervision along the entire course.
- Parents, guardians, and family members are encouraged to participate in the walk-a-thon. Looks like the weather will be very nice that day.
- Wear King’s Pride Attire the day of the event. Students and families are encouraged to wear anything maroon, gold, and white including face paint, hats, scarves, etc.
Overall Event Details:
- Once participants have completed the walk-a-thon, join us for our All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast. Breakfast will be served from 8:00 am to 11:00 am. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $10.
- Pinewood Derby Races will be from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. Pinewood Car Kits can be purchased in the school office for $15 (includes entry fee). If a student has their own car, the race entry fee is $10.
- There will be a make-up day for students unable to attend the event. The make-up day will be at school during PE. Make-up day TBA.
Please note: Donations can be turned in to the school office at any time. All donations must be turned in by Friday, October 18th so we are able to announce winners of any prizes by Thursday, October 24th.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the school office. See you at the event!