Good afternoon BCS Families,
I would like to officially announce that our middle and high school are now OPEN. We have spoken to the Riverside County Public Health Department and they have given their approval to allow our upper grades to return to campus. As you may have heard, we are bringing back our students in two phases. Middle school (grades 6-8) will be back on campus tomorrow, October 8 and our high school (grades 9-12) next Thursday, October 15. Our staff has been working diligently to welcome back students in the safest way as possible. Please read the following information carefully.
- Read through our Safety Plan by clicking here. This will give you detailed information regarding our COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- Our school schedule is 8:10am to 3:20pm. Students can be dropped-off by 7:45am and must be picked-up by 3:35pm. Students dropped-off before 7:45am or picked-up after 3:35pm will be placed in our extended daycare program and a daycare fee accessed. Click here for information about our Extended Daycare Program or contact Mrs. Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can also be reached at 951-359-1123.
- Staff will be on-site to direct the flow of traffic during drop off and pick up. During the next couple week, give yourself some extra time during drop off and pick up as traffic on campus can get busy.
- Our lunch service is currently unavailable including emergency lunches. Make sure your child has a lunch prior to coming to school as we are discouraging parents to be on campus. There are some alternatives students can use to order lunch, such as Grubhub, Door Dash, Uber Eats, etc. Students using any one of these services must order their food at least 40 minutes prior to the start of lunch. Meals will be delivered to the cafeteria for pick up. A snack bar will be open during morning break.
- BCS recommends that students bring their own water bottle and personal hand sanitizer to school.
- Students are required to wear face coverings while on campus. Face coverings can be removed to eat and drink and during outdoor physical activity when six foot of physical distancing can be accommodated.
- Beginning October 19 (start of 2nd quarter), Fridays will no longer be a minimum day weekly. We will be on a regular schedule.
- Important Reminder: If your child is experiencing any flu or cold like symptoms, they are prohibited to be on campus. Policies and procedures regarding symptomatic students can be found in our Safety Plan under symptomatic students, teachers, and staff.
BCS staff will be contacting each parent/guardian, unless we have already been told, to choose between our distance learning or on-site learning program for their student(s). Students will be required to stay in their requested program through January 4, 2021 unless a change is approved by school administration. In the event a student needs to quarantine or self-isolate, they will be placed in our distance learning program until they are approved to be back on campus.
If you have any questions, please let me know.