Revised 3/14/20 at 11:13 am
Dear BCS Families,
This afternoon the Health Officer of the County of Riverside ordered the closure of all preschools and K-12 public and private schools in an effort to lessen the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Due to this mandate, Bethel Christian Schools preschool thru 12th grade program will be closed to on campus instruction from March 16 – April 3. A separate communication will be sent out outlining how this closure will affect our preschool program.
- March 16-20: Spring Break will be extended one week to allow teachers to develop and prepare a Distance Learning Program for our K-12 students.
- March 23-27: Distance Learning Program/Online (additional details to follow)
- March 30 – April 3: Distance Learning Program/Online (additional details to follow)
- April 6: On campus instruction resumes
Beginning next week students will enjoy an additional week of Spring Break while teachers and essential staff meet to develop a Distance Learning/Online Program for our students. As soon as this program is developed, we will notify our students and parents on how to access the online teaching and how to obtain necessary materials such as worksheets, textbooks, etc.
Effective immediately, all sports and dance activities such as practices and games, have been cancelled until April 6. Below is a list of school events that have been impacted due to our school closure.
- March 16: Arrow Tag event (grades 9-12) has been postponed.
- March 18: Donuts with Dad has been postponed. Later date TBD.
- March 18: Pi Day has been postponed. Later date TBD.
- March 19-21: Dance Nationals Event has been postponed until further notice.
- March 27: USS Midway Museum (grades 4-5) field trip has been postponed.
- March 28: BCS Family Opening Day Picnic has been cancelled.
During this time, I pray a special blessing over our BCS families. I just know that He will meet everyone’s needs. Isaiah 41:10 (NIV) says, So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school office at 951-359-1123 or email email@example.com. The school office will resume normal business hours on Monday.